Introduction to Thai Massage
12 Florida and NCBTMB CE Hours
NCBTMB Provider # 450670-08; Florida State CE Provider # 50-9043; Louisiana State CE Provider # LAP0155
Our two day hands on (12 CE hours) Thai massage training class is a sample of what Traditional Thai Massage has to offer. This massage class is perfect if you just want to incorporate basic Thai techniques into your work or if you want to try Thai massage before committing to the full program. It's also a fun way to learn some new techniques while fulfilling your continuing education hours for Florida or NCBTMB license renewal.
Participants will learn how to integrate basic Thai Massage routines into their existing massage practice. You will see how smoothly Traditional Thai Massage can be performed with dynamic flowing and rhythmic movements, full body manipulation, and acupressure techniques. Course fees include the Introduction to Thai Massage Workbook with fully illustrated sequences for Thai massage healing sessions on the mat/ table which participants will learn to perform.
Along with the hands-on techniques, participants will learn the energetic foundations of this ancient approach to bodywork. You will find that this work is particularly suitable for physically active clients with high stress levels. It is both physically beneficial and energetically/emotionally balancing for the recipient, as well as the giver. Though more than 2500 years old, Thai massage has become increasingly well known and requested in the West over the last few years. Whether working independently or in a spa setting, these techniques can help you move to a new level in your work.
- Holistic Benefits of Thai Massage
- Basic movements and techniques used in Thai Massage and the proper body mechanics for applying them
- Step-by-step instruction of Thai healing protocols and massage sequences
- A sample of a full body flowing routine for Thai on the mat
- Energy work and basic information about acupressure/marma points and how to work with them. There will be some discussion of Pranayama breathing techniques, meridians/Sen energy lines and the areas of the body they correspond to. This is the underlying foundation of Thai and all Asian therapies
- This class will consist primarily of hands-on demonstrations and hands-on practice
This Thai Massage Introduction class is for:
- Massage therapists; massage students; bodyworkers; personal trainers; Yoga teachers
- Bodyworkers considering Thai Bodywork as a new modality but wanting to try it before committing to a longer program
- Great complement to any spa menu of services. See our Spa Staff Training Program
- The skills and the healing protocols you will learn in this Thai massage introduction class, and the understanding you will gain of the energetic and intentional basis of Thai massage can be incorporated into any type of bodywork you practice.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- June 4-5, 2013, 9.30am-4.30pm, Miami Beach, Florida
- August 30-31, 2013, 9.30am-4.30pm, Homestead, Florida
To reserve your spot in the next workshop, please REGISTER EARLY.
Please contact us to register or for any questions:
Sacred Bodywork, LLC is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. NCBTMB Provider # 450670-08, and by the States of Florida and Louisiana Boards of Massage Therapy, Florida CE Provider # 50-9043 and Louisiana CE Provider #LAO0155.