Healing with Thai Herbal Bundles
24 Florida and NCBTMB CE Hours
NCBTMB Provider # 450670-08; Florida State CE Provider # 50-9043; Louisiana State CE Provider # LAP0155
Thais have used these steamed herbal bundles, called luk pra kob, as a multi-faceted and multi-purpose healing treatment for centuries. The Thai Herbal Compress Massage, also known as LukPraKob, Thai herbal balls treatment, Thai herbal bundles treatment, herbal bolus treatment, or herbal heat revival treatment, uses heated herbal aromatic bundles containing a blend of 16-20 traditional Thai herbs: Aromatic Salisb, Derris Scandens Benth, Zingiber cassumunar, Cassumunar, Camphor, Borneo camphor, Cinnamon, Citronella, Cryptolepis buchannai roem, Curcuma aromatica salisb, Galangal, Lemon Grass, Kaffir lime, Leech lime, Wild Lime, Menthol, Patchouli, Prai Ginger, Tamarind leaves, Turmeric oil and many more.
These bundles are steamed and then applied directly to the skin or through the client's clothing during the Thai massage session. The therapeutic value of this moist heat aromatherapy treatment combined with Thai Yoga stretches has innumerable holistic healing benefits, simultaneously achieving a relaxing and invigorating effect on the mind and body. This herbal compress massage increases circulation and energy flow, relaxes, warms, releases tension, relieves stiff muscles and joints, eases chronic pain and improves the skin condition while stimulating the senses to reduce mental fatigue and stress.
In our dynamic and practical three-day Thai Hot Herbal Compress Massage course, we’ll give you an insight into Thai medicine and culture, as well as a thorough practical training into the safe and effective treatment of the art of Thai herbal compress massage.
Participants will learn:
- Introduction to the origins of Eastern herbal medical treatments, including benefits, properties and healing effects of herbs and contra-indications
- Practical, flowing, traditional Thai herb compress treatments that will add to your current range of treatments and will have your regular massage clients coming back for more
- The safe use of equipment, bundles, herbs needed and other hydrotherapies relevant health and safety considerations
- How to adapt your body mechanics, quality of touch, pressure and personalize your Thai herbal treatments while maintaining the purity and integrity of this sacred bodywork.
- Thai herbs properties, and how to make your own herbal compresses recipes
- Thai herbal compress massage techniques - Hands on Demonstration and Practice
This Class is useful for:
- Massage therapists/ Bodyworkers who are interested in learning a new Thai technique
- Great complement to any Spa menu of services. See our Spa Staff training program
- Thai Herbal Compress Massage and Thai Reflexology combine well into a unique healing session
Upcoming Course Dates:
- July 12-14, 2013 - Gainesville, Florida (18 CE Hours)
- July 26-28, 2013 - Homestead, Florida (24 CE Hours)
To reserve your spot in the next workshop, please REGISTER EARLY.
Please contact us to register or for any questions:
Sacred Bodywork, LLC is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. NCBTMB Provider # 450670-08, and by the States of Florida and Louisiana Boards of Massage Therapy, Florida CE Provider # 50-9043 and Louisiana CE Provider #LAO0155.