Thai Facial Massage
16 Florida and NCBTMB CE Hours
NCBTMB Provider # 450670-08; Florida State CE Provider # 50-9043; Louisiana State CE Provider # LAP0155
Our Thai Facial Massage training classes introduce wonderful extra treatments to be able to be offer to your clients.
The Thai Facial Massage incorporates Acupressure Reflexology - Energy Work; Hot/Cold Herbal Compress treatments; and Thai-Ayurvedic neck, shoulders, hear and scalp Massage. The fusion of these massage techniques works on the energetic, muscular, circulatory, lymphatic systems, eases tension, improves blood/lymph circulation, removes toxins from the face and balances energy ki, or life force to improve overall health. Another purpose of Thai Face Massage is to work with face and head meridians and marma points (acupuncture points) to promote balance throughout the entire body.
Participants will learn how to integrate three Thai Facial Massage Protocols into their existing massage practice, rhythmic and acupressure techniques on the face, neck and upper shoulders and how to apply cool stones, hot towels and herbal compress to their clients.
These unique face massage routines will add an Eastern philosophical and technical approach to your Thai massage, and will increase your repertoire of techniques to enable you to effectively provide an invigorating and yet relaxing massage that suits your active, healthy clients who have highly physical, and stress-work demands. This type of bodywork is an increasingly popular and requested modality for health spas, as well as conventional treatments and other Massage/bodywork Therapies.
Participants will be shown:
- How does this Thai Facial Massage work
- Benefits of a Facial Massage
- Different 'Thai bodywork touch protocols':
- Neck, Shoulders, Face, Head Reflexology Work
- Thai Facial Massage
- Hot Towels and Hot Compress Application
- Thai Cool Facial Massage
- Step-by-step instruction of the Thai Facial Protocols Massage sequences
- All protocols can be performed either on the table or the mat
- Energy work and basic information about acupressure/marma points and how to work with them. There will be some mention of meridian/ sen energy lines and the areas of the face they correspond to, but most of the class will concentrate on the Thai facial routines.
Class will consist primarily of hands-on demonstrations and hands-on practice.
This Facial Massage Class is appropriate for:
- Massage therapists, bodyworkers, facialists and estheticians who want some new techniques based on Thai traditions
- Great complement to any Spa menu of services. See our Spa Staff training program
- Is also a great complement to the Thai herbal Compress Massage when applying both modalities in the same session.
- Thai Facial Massage is practical for all who wish to apply the art of facial massage into their current repertoire.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- July 21-22, 2013, 9.30am-5.30pm, Miami Beach, Florida
To reserve your spot in the next workshop, please REGISTER EARLY.
Please contact us to register or for any questions:
Sacred Bodywork, LLC is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. NCBTMB Provider # 450670-08, and by the States of Florida and Louisiana Boards of Massage Therapy, Florida CE Provider # 50-9043 and Louisiana CE Provider #LAO0155.